Hoodia Gardonii, the Prickly Way to Lose Weight
If you''re new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
The word “desert” conjures visions of the scorching sun, weary camels and sand as far as the eye could see.
But in the midst of it all, did you think it possible for a weight loss healthy herb to exist in such sweltering conditions? The surprising answer is a resounding Y-E-S!
What makes Kalahari Desert an unusual source of a natural weight loss gold mine is Hoodia gordonii. This leafless and spiny succulent plant is a native of South Africa. For centuries, the Bushmen or the “San” have hunted and lived on this healthy herb to curb hunger and increase their energy. This bitter-tasting plant resembling a cactus can even grow beyond six feet tall!
It wasn’t until the 90’s that South African experts identified the appetite suppressing component in Hoodia gordonii – P57. In December 2001, the British Pharmaceutical company Phytopharm conducted the initial clinical research on P57. The study gathered the following results:
- Participants reduced consumption per day by 1,000 calories
- Considerable decline in body fat and caloric intake
- No unfavourable side effects
Not long after, pharmacological giant Pfizer bought the international marketing rights from Phytopharm. In this light, there have been efforts to grow Hoodia gordonii in China, Mexico and the USA, but to no avail.
In a nutshell, Hoodia gordonii tricks the brain into believing that it’s full, even when it not. How? The hypothalamus in the brain senses the glucose level in the body. After a meal, blood sugar will naturally shoot up because of the food. The nerve cells in the hypothalamus will then send signals that you’re already full. However, if you take Hoodia gordonii instead of food, it will imitate the effect of glucose on the brain’s nerve cells. Know what that means? That means fewer calories consumed than used up, which then translates to weight loss.
Herbs for health and other natural ways to lose weight are all the buzz. But it doesn’t stop there. You have to do your share – eat right and exercise!
- Hoodia Balance: The Good Kind of Prank Hoodia Balance is a health supplement that can put your...
- Hoodia Chaser: Overtaking the Bulge Challenge Can Hoodia Chaser win you over to run the healthy...
- Nature’s Weight Loss Wonders Ninety-seven, ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one hundred – that’s how many daily...
- Dietrine Carb Blocker with Phase 2: Delight in those Carbs Guilt-free Let Dietrine Carb Blocker with Phase 2 give you...
- The Weight Loss Wonder Called Caralluma Fimbriata Poring over your reflection at the mirror made you mutter,...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Tagged with: herbs for weight loss • Hoodia Gardonii • natural weight loss foods
Filed under: Health Supplements • Herbs For Health
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!